All people know their age well. Do you know the smartphone’s age? Smartphones such as iPhones outlast you more than you imagine. In public spaces and other places there are users with older models such as iPhone SE, 6, and 7. The models were launched in 2016, but they were released earlier. All Apple phone model will be used for at the least 5 years. If you’re looking to upgrade the old model and want to know the value of its resale. Also, if you want to know the date I bought my phone, or for how long I’ve had my iPhone, you should know the age of your phone. If it’s older and you’re not sure where to find the bill or box may not be a help. In case you’re wondering how old is my iPhone? Let’s discover how to locate it quickly.
With WWDC 2022 everyone is waiting to receive iOS 16. If you are a member with the Apple Beta Software Program, you are able to test iOS 16 before the stable release. iOS 16 before its stable release. iOS 16 is available for iPhone 8 and above models. If you are using the older version, you need to do is check the model’s age.
Ways to Find How Old is Your iPhone
- Using Apple’s Check Coverage
- Using Apple Support App
- Using Chipmunk Klantenservice
In order to do this, you’ll need to be aware of what the number is for your iPhone.
How do you find the serial number on your iPhone
Quick Tip: Go to Settings -> General -> About -> Serial Number.
(1) Open Settings.
(2) Choose the General tab.
(3) In the general menu click on the”About” option.
(4) Then the serial number of your iPhone will be displayed. Note it down.
Find out the age of iPhones with Apple’s Check-Coverage
You have your serial number. Let’s determine the age,
(1) On your smartphone or PC, go to Apple’s Check Coverage website checkcoverage.apple.com
(2) Enter the serial number into the designated area, and then Enter the CAPTCHA. Click Continue.
(3) On your next screen you’ll be able to view the information of the iPhone. Under repairs and Service Coverage, you will see the estimated expiration Date. Apple provides service coverage for a year. Starting from the date you purchase the coverage, you will be able to determine the year that you have on your iPhone.
If you’ve used your smartphone for longer than one year, the estimated Expiration Date won’t be shown In that situation you’ll need to use the Chipmunk Klantenservice option.
Find the age of iPhones Using Apple Support App
The Apple Support application is used to contact Apple executive team to inquire about any issues. With the help of the app you can check the time that your iPhone. It’s odd that this Apple Support app is not already installed by default on the iPhone. You must install it via in the App Store.
(1) Go to your Apple Support app on your iPhone.
(2) Click the device details button.
(3) If the iPhone was purchased less than 1 year ago, it will receive an expired date in the”Coverage Info.
(4) By using that date, you will be able to determine the year that your iPhone.
(5) In the event that there isn’t a date in the Coverage Information then you must use the following method.
Find out the age of your iPhone by using Chipmunk Klantenservice
Chipmunk Klantenservice, a third-party tool that can determine the age of your iPhone. It also requires your serial number.
(1) On your browser, go to Chipmunk website www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel
(2) (2). Enter the serial number into the designated area, then select the Show the information button.
(3) Scroll down until the endof the page, and you’ll discover all the details about your iPhone. Note down the production year and the week of production. By doing this, you’ll be able to quickly calculate the age on your iPhone.
Like the Chipmunk Klantenservice technique In addition, you can use the SNDeepInfo site to check the time that your iPhone. In reality, you’ll receive more specific information regarding the age of your iPhone. You’ll be able to determine the number of years of age as well as the year of production and the colour of the iPhone and many other information.
(1) Visit the SNDeepInfo website from your computer or mobile.
(2) (2) Enter either the serial number of your iPhone or IMEI number on your iPhone.
(3) Then then, press the Show information button. Before you click the Show info button, be sure that Apple has been selected for the type of device.
(4) The customer will be provided with all the relevant information such as age (from the date of production) week, year manufacturing factory model number, and much more.
The Simplest Method
Because the two methods mentioned above require internet access to discover the age of your iPhone This method is a simple one that is a great way to determine the age of your iPhone instantly.
Just by looking at the serial number on your iPhone One can determine its age. Serial numbers are composed of numbers and alphabets that indicate the date of manufacture and time, location, and the model number.
Usually your serial number will be typically 12 characters long. Out of this, take note of the 4th character with care.
- C – 2010 (First Half)
- F – 3011 (First Half)
- G – 2011 (Second Half)
- H – 2012 (First Half)
- J – 2012 (Second Half)
- K – 2013 (First Half)
- L – 2013 (Second Half)
- M – 2014 (First Half)
- N – 2014 (Second Half)
- P- 2015 (First Half)
- Q- 2015 (Second Half)
- R- 2016 (First Half)
- S- 2016 (Second Half)
- T- 2017 (First Half)
- V- 2017 (Second Half)
- W- 2018 (First Half)
- X- 2018 (Second Half)
- Y- 2019 (First Half)
- Z – 2019 (First Half)
- D – 2020 (Second Half)
You can determine the date my iPhone was created and activated. We tried it and it worked flawlessly for our iPhones. The fourth character method is not applicable for iPhones that were released after 2021.
You could also make use of the search function on your email to see if you have received a hard copy copies of the invoice from the source you bought your iPhone. Because you search for the hard copy of the purchase invoice for your iPhone might not be feasible.
These are the methods you can utilize to determine the date of birth that is on your iPhone. Do this using your iPhone’s serial number to find out the exact year of your iPhone. This information can be useful in the event that you decide selling your iPhone or trade it in.
1. What can I do to find out the age of my iPhone?
Yes, you can. There are three methods to determine the year of manufacture of the iPhone for any iPhone model.
2. How do I check iPhone age?
It is possible to use this Apple Coverage website to know the age of your iPhone. It is also possible to use third-party apps such as Chipmunk and SNDeepInfo to find out the date of birth.